i never seen that before

Started by Alessandro Mainente, April 1, 2010 · 15 Replies · 3,020 Views

Alessandro Mainente

ZzfmZPqHX3U

i found this video on the web...but what skill he's doing at 16 sec?????? :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Gregor

Olympic maltese. It's banned from code of point, same as olympic cross wich was next move. Side moves are no more difficult then normal holds.

Alessandro Mainente

why some skills were banned?

Gregor

Some were to dangerous (if I am not mistaken, salto backwards 900°to roll), some were not worth to be in code of point (carthweel), some where ridiculous (olympic cross, maltese on a p. bars, flairs on p.bars),...

Sternford
Gregor said:
Some were to dangerous (if I am not mistaken, salto backwards 900°to roll), some were not worth to be in code of point (carthweel), some where ridiculous (olympic cross, maltese on a p. bars, flairs on p.bars),...

What to you mean by ridiculous?

braindx

Flairs on pbars aren't banned. :)

Neither are flairs on unevens or beam, hehe.

irongymnast

Flairs on uneven? o_O

phken4343

Flairs on beam, and yes, I've seen a video of it before.

Sternford
phken4343 said:
Flairs on beam, and yes, I've seen a video of it before.

I was at the ECAC championship thing last weekend and the girl who won on beam did some flairs. That got some attention. The judges weren't sure how to score them

Gregor
Sternford said:
Gregor said:
Some were to dangerous (if I am not mistaken, salto backwards 900°to roll), some were not worth to be in code of point (carthweel), some where ridiculous (olympic cross, maltese on a p. bars, flairs on p.bars),...

What to you mean by ridiculous?

Salto backward from circles on a pommel horse :lol:

Blairbob

A lot of the time they will ban a skill if it leads nowhere. Just like they may devalue a skill if everyone is doing it.

Gregor
Blairbob said:
A lot of the time they will ban a skill if it leads nowhere. Just like they may devalue a skill if everyone is doing it.

Like iron cross and inverted cross.

irongymnast
Gregor said:
Sternford said:
Gregor said:
Some were to dangerous (if I am not mistaken, salto backwards 900°to roll), some were not worth to be in code of point (carthweel), some where ridiculous (olympic cross, maltese on a p. bars, flairs on p.bars),...

What to you mean by ridiculous?

Salto backward from circles on a pommel horse :lol:

o_O. Is there a video of that?

Gregor said:
Blairbob said:
A lot of the time they will ban a skill if it leads nowhere. Just like they may devalue a skill if everyone is doing it.

Like iron cross and inverted cross.

Iron cross used to be C? How many years ago are we talking here?

Gregor

more then 10 years ago.

braindx

IIRC some of the original skills vids has a lot of the stuff we are talking about.

Flairs on unevens (maybe... I'm pretty sure I remember them.. but may not)... definitely flairs on uneven (they're easy to do for someone who can flair on floor).

Circle to back flip on phorse was on the original skills too.

Been a lot of changes throughout the years

irongymnast
Flairs on unevens (maybe... I'm pretty sure I remember them.. but may not)... definitely flairs on uneven (they're easy to do for someone who can flair on floor).

I'm confused. I was asking about flairs on uneven bars (as in what girls/women do). What's unevens?