Hello dear athletes!
first of all im wondering if my form on Russian dips is acceptable
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QBsk-ieW13sk-4YtRyZWhPXGlHqXZhmf
im also wondering which muscles primarily is used?
Thank you very much in advance!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Johan Hägg, January 22, 2018 · 11 Replies · 316 Views
Hello dear athletes!
first of all im wondering if my form on Russian dips is acceptable
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QBsk-ieW13sk-4YtRyZWhPXGlHqXZhmf
im also wondering which muscles primarily is used?
Thank you very much in advance!
Looks great to me bro! Wish I can do it that smoothly.
One observation and combined from what I heard from the coach in the other posts, when you drop your upper arm on the bars, try to keep the shoulders slightly higher than the bars. So there is still good support (and keep the shoulders safe) even when you have to drop onto your upper arms. If you can control the drop, that’s even better. I’m not saying this like I can do it, lol! I’m still struggling with this element...
Also, next time post it in the Form Check subforum, people will see it more easily
keep up the good work!!
Hey Jin! Didn’t get notified of your answer, sorry it took so long for me to answer! Thank you for your observations, I know exactly what you mean! I will make sure shoulders don’t drop below bars, I’m going to continue working on these to develop full control! How’s your training developing?
9 hours ago, Johan Hägg said:Hey Jin! Didn’t get notified of your answer, sorry it took so long for me to answer! Thank you for your observations, I know exactly what you mean! I will make sure shoulders don’t drop below bars, I’m going to continue working on these to develop full control! How’s your training developing?
No problem! I just got my Russian dip last week!! It’s funny cuz I decided to give it a shot after seeing yours, and I did it!! I used to blame the dip bars for being too wide for my shoulders. But I kept doing the negative for a while, and it paid off!!
this version of russian dip (support on the upper arm) puts your shoulders in a lower position, which makes it harder than the more common version where the support is on the elbow, and shoulders much higher. Just my thoughts.
Other than that, training’s been a little slow these days as it’s too cold for gymnastic workouts in my garage gym and backyard gym. So I’m doing more weights in the cold days. At least that’ll keep my strength
Let me know once you get to the RC TOPS pull. I’m struggling a lot with that one
Hi @Johan Hägg,
Your form looks good. Try minimizing the momentum so that the next exercise will be easier. I hope this helps.
HI Johan, if you stop at 7 seconds you can notice how in the bottom position your shoulders drop under elbows height . this should be avoided in order to prevent shoulder injuries. the bottom position must be solid in an upper arm support with shoulder above the elbows.
@Leo Trinidad @Alessandro Mainente Thank you so much for feedback. Do you mind looking at this clip from today, where I focused more on control and to keep my torso upright. I think only the first rep is worth anything because strength failed me second rep and there was a pause.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cEepWVgT69ILX8Y-v-ORrr2z0LTL8M6a
Hi @Johan Hägg,
Huge improvement man. Keep up the good work.
mmm i think that pbars are a bit wide for you!
@Alessandro Mainente how wide should they be? I can make them more narrow
shoulder width plus 4-6 cm.
@Alessandro Mainente Thanks alot!