This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 formcheck

Started by Petra Kmecová, January 22, 2018 · 14 Replies · 266 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi coaches,

while I keep polishing mastery volume of PE1 (formechecked last week), I gave a go 3x3r of push ups ... after my todays upperbody workout.

What should be improved? I plan on doing PE1 for another 3 workouts (at least) and if I feel like doing 3x3r of PE2.

thx

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks pretty good, Petra!

As you press out of your push up you pick up a small arch in your upper back. Work on staying completely straight. Awesome job!

Petra Kmecová
56 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

It looks pretty good, Petra!

As you press out of your push up you pick up a small arch in your upper back. Work on staying completely straight. Awesome job!

Thanks! Although I feel pretty “strong” with incline push ups now, those real ones are pretty hard for me ... even just 3r ... and I did thousands of them before GST ... :-D I guess it’s because I’ve never done them right my life :-).

This will be long long progression :-)

 

Antonio Alías Montoya
16 hours ago, Petra Kmecová said:

Thanks! Although I feel pretty “strong” with incline push ups now, those real ones are pretty hard for me ... even just 3r ... and I did thousands of them before GST ... :-D I guess it’s because I’ve never done them right my life :-).

This will be long long progression :-)

 

Have you tried lowering the height progressively? Hbp pe 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on. I did it so due to a shoulder problem until approximately 1.5 (above knees).

Petra Kmecová

@Antonio Alías Montoya ... I’ve actually thought about it. I see what my form looks like and how I feel about PE2 when it’s part of my main workout. 

Right now, I’ve only done it after my regular upper body workout, that is currently quite high volume ... 5*15r incline push ups, 5*12r incline rows, 2*15r scap shrugs and 5*60s forearm plank ... 

I plan on smoothing out incline push ups for another 3 workout (at least) and then will see ... I think that 3x3r will look better when I’m doing them fresh ... 

Petra Kmecová

Hello people, 

so this is it :-) ... My first official HBP/PE2 workout. Beginning of forever (:-D seeing so many strong people struggling with this one). I went for 5*3r. This is my last set: 

Feels better doing them fresh and I feel like I could do more reps in a set ... but I do also feel that my form needs polishing (the pushing itself), so I’ll rather keep it on multiple sets of 3 for some time. 

Here is mobility exercise for formcheck: 

Ignore the audio :-D. Am I doing these correctly, coz I’m not sure. In my workout I’ve done them near the wall (I’ve seen one of the gb affialiates doing them like that on the instagram), but it’s hard to film them near the wall. 

And I have another question. Today I also started with sPL/PE3 and I noticed in the instructional video, that the model Claire is doing plank on instep. I gave that version a try and was suprised how good it feels. I’ve never done any exercise this way and I feel my core and quads engaging even stronger. After sPL progression, I tried some push ups on the instep and it felt good - more stable, I can even say better. I ended up doing another 5*3r this way. Here is last set: 

So it got me thinking ... would it be beneficial to work my way through this progression on the instep?

Thanks a lot

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hey Petra!

Looking good here :)

Doing push-ups or planks on the instep demands that the weight goes all the way to your arms, engaging your core more to stabilize your form, but, in the same time, making it harder.  There's no wrong in doing it, but I think you'll have easier time doing it with the former form in the long term.

In both ways, keep working hard, this one is a long adventure!

Petra Kmecová

Thx @Étienne Lajeunesse. With just 3 reps in set, I did not find it harder ... I expect it to be loooong long run, so we’ll see ... 

Still curious what coaches have to say about it ... and about xiaopengs as well :-)

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Petra Kmecová,

Your pushups looks good. As for the iM can you please shoot the video from the side or diagonally so we can better see the rotation of the shoulder. 

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Leo Trinidad. I’ll make a video from the side during my next session.

Jennifer Marie
On 1/22/2018 at 1:09 PM, Petra Kmecová said:

Thanks! Although I feel pretty “strong” with incline push ups now, those real ones are pretty hard for me ... even just 3r ... and I did thousands of them before GST ... :-D I guess it’s because I’ve never done them right my life :-).

This will be long long progression :-)

 

I did the same thing with both pushups and ring rows! When I can't "worm" up out of a push up, it's so much harder, and so much more rewarding!

Petra Kmecová

@Leo Trinidad

here is video of iM from the side. Hope it’s OK ... I’m not sure, coz I noticed too late that my hand is not completely visible :-(.

thanks

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Petra Kmecová,

Looks good. Although you can make it better by rotating the shoulder socket completely. This will help you with your other mobility drills in Handstand One Course. I hope this helps.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Leo Trinidad. I’ll work on that and post new video after I’ve made some prpgress.

Petra Kmecová

Hello people, 

How are my push us looking? So far, I'm happy with my progress. Since beginning of february, I've managed to get from 5x3r to 5x5r and I'm planning on smoothing this volume out, coz 3r jump to 6r in a set I cannot handle. 

This is last set:

Thanjs