Parallel Bars

Started by Tom Pavant, January 22, 2018 · 3 Replies · 2,826 Views

Tom Pavant

Hi !

For private use, would you rather buy these for 700 euros

https://www.artimex-sport.com/fr/produits/barres-paralleles-en-metal-code-77799-3676

+ lighter (60kg), easy to move 

- Quality ? Stability ?

or these used ones for 900 (See attached pictures)

+ professional quality, more Max height

- heavy (180kg), hard to move, more than necessary...

Thanks for you opinions ! :)

Cheers, Tom

BDCF38D4-8005-4FE2-B552-3EF66AFD6CD2.png

C9872CC5-9D6D-4DFC-89B1-2002CF76FFA9.png

Nick Murray

The smaller ones look suitable. However:

  • it would be nice to have a bar that is as tall as you are when you're standing with arms above your head.
  • you can adjust the width of the "professional" bars. The smaller bars state they're adjustable, but I can't see how it works.

I found some Olympic-suitable bars in a used equipment place - they're huge and heavy (300kg!) but will last me forever.

Tom Pavant

Thanks for your answer Nick !

I think you’re right, so I decided to take the used one ;) It goes around 2m20 in height, so I can do many more things with it than the other one (max h. 1m68cm)...

Nick Murray

The first time you get a Russian dip, you'll thank yourself :) :) :)