This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Integrating online courses on the fitness tab with the weekly workouts

Started by Michelle Giller, January 22, 2018 · 5 Replies · 162 Views

Michelle Giller

Hi all,

New to GB. Starting with Fundamentals and Foundation 1. Im not completely new to fitness, doing some park calisthenics and kick boxing but decided to do GB after injuring myself and realizing i should lay a solid foundation this time before continuing with more challenging calisthenics skills.

So far the daily excersizes have been easy, but i understand they will get more challenging as the weeks go on. i have discovered the online course videos on the fitness tab and I'm wondering if anyone has tips on how to add those to your workout schedule. So far i've been doing one Fundamentals work out one work out from the dashboard and one online course per day. Also considering adding the stretch series.

Any tips, would be appreciated.

M

Pauline Taube

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to GymnasticBodies!

The Fundamentals course is a great starting point. This course will help you assess your body and discover weaknesses and imbalances before moving on to the other courses. Your choice of the next courses should be based on your goals and weak links. In order to improve calisthenics skills I’d say that Foundation series and Handstand series should be part of your weekly schedule. If you are looking to improve your flexibility, the Stretch series are also a great addition :D Coach Sommer recommend to work on these courses simultaneously. 

feel free to reach out again if you have other questions! 

Michelle Giller

Hi Pauline,

Thanks of the reply. I will most likely be purchasing the stretch series and handstand series as recommended. I am still confused about integrating the courses called online training with what is available daily on my schedule. The online courses don't seem to have a schedule, just 4-5 videos per series that at this point i've been doing without a set frequency. I like doing these because so far the daily workouts themselves are short, often only lasting 10-15 minutes.

thanks,

M

Pauline Taube

Hi Michelle,

the online courses (core, upper body and lower body) can all be part of your schedule. You are totally free to create your own schedule and mix and match the wourkouts from your Dashboard. You also have to possibility to follow Coach Sommer’s recommended. You may adjust your schedule on top of your Dashboard by clicking on ‘Set My Schedule’. 

The Fundamentals course is an introductory course and your daily lessons can be done before your Foundation workouts (core, upper body and lower body. 

Does this answer your questions, Michelle? 

Guido Franchetti

I believe Michelle refers to the online classes (not part of any of the courses) one can find in the fitness menu. Those should not be the main focus of a workout. I can't give much suggestion about how to integrate them as I don't do them, but I suppose they could go on an active rest day, or as an extended warm up (except for stretch classes which could do as a cooldown) if your current workouts are on the short side and the additional work does not impact your recovery.

Michelle Giller

Hi Guido,

Yes i am referring to to the classes on the fitness menu. I am wondering how and if i should be integrating them as with the weekly programming on the dashboard.

thanks,

m