This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Subjective difficulty

Started by Ben Sommer, January 21, 2018 · 2 Replies · 120 Views

Ben Sommer

After a set of 5x9 exercise, I feel the good burn and the last couple reps are slow but my form is perfect. 

Is that “easy”, “fine” or “too hard”?

Also - is eating an extra ~30 seconds between sets to ensure I complete a workout ok? And if so - do I keep the subjective rating as-is?

thanks

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 minute ago, Ben Sommer said:

After a set of 5x9 exercise, I feel the good burn and the last couple reps are slow but my form is perfect. 

Is that “easy”, “fine” or “too hard”?

Also - is eating an extra ~30 seconds between sets to ensure I complete a workout ok? And if so - do I keep the subjective rating as-is?

thanks

Hi Ben,

If you have to add a 30 sec between sets, it's probably that you didn't reach mastery for this step yet.  To click on easy smile, you have to follow the videos exactly as they are without breaking your form.

If you're able to do that, but it's still hard, you could count it as easy.  Depending on the difficulty however, maybe you would like to stay just a bit more so the other step will be more feasible.

Hope it helps :)

Ben Sommer

Thanks Etienne - following the pace in the videos is a good guide