This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder extension with weighted bar HS/PE4 iM

Started by Mark Chin, January 21, 2018 · 4 Replies · 208 Views

Mark Chin

When I first started this exercise (nearly a year ago), the bar was basically glued to my butt. Unfortunately, I didn't video it for comparison. Watching the athletes in the video, I thought it was just going to be impossible to ever get there. I am not saying I am there yet! But at least it's in sight now. 

So I thought I would share this in case others are disheartened by this particular iM. 

 

 

Tanya Hill

HI Mark, 

These are tough and I love your effort here. Do you see that at the top of the movement you tend to lean your body forward a bit to get the bar a little higher. This is a common error. On your next go around stay standing upright, squeeze your shoulder blades together hard as you lift the bar. This exercise has becoming one of my favorites and the more you work and refine the movement the better your shoulders will feel!! :)

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely an inspiring experience!!!

Mark Chin

Thank you, coaches! 

@Tanya Hill - I see what you mean. Thank you for the correction. 

As always, your input is much appreciated. 

 

 

 

 

Lorenzo Bohl

I'm really glad to see that I am not the only one with shoulders that HAVE NO CLUE how to extend...even without weight... I'm only at static holds and this feels impossible.

Was this a slow, hardly noticeable fade? Or did you reach a tipping point where you went "Oh wow, would you look at that!"?