This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mobility with posterior pelvic tilt

Started by Nicholas Bosman, January 18, 2018 · 3 Replies · 215 Views

Nicholas Bosman

Hey all! From birth I have had problems with my hips and posterior pelvic tilt. I have done my own mobility work consistently  and have seen huge improvements, though I have been riding a plateau for a while. I’ve been doing the stretch series consistently for over 6 months now but I really struggle with anything that requires me to hinge at the hip or in a straddle position.(ie straddle pancake). Having a flat back in a squat is almost impossible .

has anyone else had problems with this? Is there hope for me ever getting a pancake? If so, what actions can I take? 

 

Thanks,

nick

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi NIcholas, the best way to understand limitation it is the first step:

-the flat back in the squat and deep squat position is a  pure ankle dorsiflexion problem.

-the inability to hinge back with strong APT it is a combination of calves, hamstring and butt muscle tightness.

Said that I would like to ask you what stretch series are you doing now so that we can discuss the problem deeper in the appropriate private course section.

 

Nicholas Bosman

I am doing all 3 of the stretch series once a week each. Thank you id very much like to discuss this! How do we go about it?

 

Alessandro Mainente

IN your case experiment the front split course stretch positions (where hamstring are involved) with a bit of bent knees can be a solution.