This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Will doing F1 also give required mobility?

Started by Justin Joseph, January 17, 2018 · 4 Replies · 155 Views

Justin Joseph

Hi all,

Will doing the foundation series on its own (so just the strength and mobility exercises in this series specifically) allow me to achieve the required mobility / flexibility for the more advanced moves? Or is it essential to pair this with additional mobility / flexibility work to meet the required form checks / mastery?

Thanks in advanced

Alessandro Mainente

hI Justin, usually the IM it is enough, of course, a dedicated work will give best results.

Justin Joseph

So as long as i follow along the prescribed sets / reps for those I should be able to attain mastery? What if for whatever reason i'm unable to get into the required IM position should I be doing extra work or will just keeping consistent be enough over time? I plan on giving as much time as I can while working out my time schedule for life / training balance so just trying to have this info ahead of time so I can factor it in. Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Adding extra work for the weak point is possible. I did it in the past. An exception can be done for exercise with a strong impact on joints.

Antonio Alías Montoya
9 hours ago, Justin Joseph said:

Hi all,

Will doing the foundation series on its own (so just the strength and mobility exercises in this series specifically) allow me to achieve the required mobility / flexibility for the more advanced moves? Or is it essential to pair this with additional mobility / flexibility work to meet the required form checks / mastery?

Thanks in advanced

It depends on your mobility. From my experience I d go nowhere through Foundation without the strecht courses, plus lots of extra specifics stretches given by some physios. Many people may not need it, not everybody needs the same, but in my case i realized i need to do much much more than just training F1 as suggested to be able to achieved the required mobility.