Hey all! Looking for feedback on T2.2. Decided to do the forearm variation to begin because the full movement was far from smooth.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
T2.2 (Modified) form check
Started by Benjamin Nutt, January 16, 2018 · 6 Replies · 81 Views
Hey Benjamin,
Nice modification! Keep working on hitting a stronger hollow position during your roll. As you roll back up onto your feet and elbows you are picking up some arch. Try to keep your core and glutes engaged to hold PPT.
I recommend also trying this exercise from your knees with the arms fully extended. Practicing this variation alongside your current variation will better prepare you for long-body hollow.
6 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:Hey Benjamin,
Nice modification! Keep working on hitting a stronger hollow position during your roll. As you roll back up onto your feet and elbows you are picking up some arch. Try to keep your core and glutes engaged to hold PPT.
I recommend also trying this exercise from your knees with the arms fully extended. Practicing this variation alongside your current variation will better prepare you for long-body hollow.
Thanks, Jeffrey! So do you think I should practice each with a 1:1 ratio? Like, if I do 5*1 on my forearms with legs fully extended, should I complement that with 5*1 on my knees with arms fully extended?
That's a great option! I, personally, prefer the hands and knees variation more. I feel like it mimics the long-body hollow better as it teaches you to open your shoulders while keeping strong PPT. Both are viable options, but you'll have to see which one feels better to you.
12 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:That's a great option! I, personally, prefer the hands and knees variation more. I feel like it mimics the long-body hollow better as it teaches you to open your shoulders while keeping strong PPT. Both are viable options, but you'll have to see which one feels better to you.
Awesome. Thanks, as always, for your coaching!
@Jeffrey Bittner, I’ve begun the knee variation. How’s my Form? What can I work on?
Nice work, Benjamin. As you roll back up onto your hands and knees, try to keep your arms straight. You are also losing some PPT throughout your roll. Work on holding a strong hollow position while avoiding piking your hips to help you up. Keep it up!