So I have been stuck on Pe2 of the lower body workout for what must be easily a year. It will be of no surprise that I have very poor hip flexibility. I have been doing the middle spit series for close to a year and there is some progress but it seems to be very slow. I want to try and do a little more focused stretching on my off days to try and push my hips along a little bit. Which stretches from the middle split series would be the most beneficial to help me achieve the kneeling side lift. I thought about doing the side lift more but it seems like a hard position to push in as once I get to a certain point my torso starts to move instead of solely focusing on my hips. Any help appreciated.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Kneeling Side Lift
Started by Joshua Hibbert, January 16, 2018 · 9 Replies · 176 Views
Hi Joshua,
The middle split stretch series will help you greatly on improving on this one ![]()
And keep doing it daily!
How would you do it daily? If you were to pick a couple to incorporate into a daily limber, I am tight in a lot of places! Which ones would be most effective. I may look into foam rolling as well.
2 hours ago, Joshua Hibbert said:How would you do it daily? If you were to pick a couple to incorporate into a daily limber, I am tight in a lot of places! Which ones would be most effective. I may look into foam rolling as well.
Well, you do the kneeling side lift everyday - lightly - and stretches like frog can help improve the ROM.
doublepost
the upper bodyare gonna twist sooner or later in this exercise. We just want to avoid it as much as possible. The goal isnt to have the leg in line with the floor, have you tryed a formcheck on this one? Because you might try to much in the top position.
If you have formchecked, how are your hips feeling in your daily life? Healthy and painfree?@Joshua Hibbert
On 1/17/2018 at 5:17 AM, Jonas Berglund said:the upper bodyare gonna twist sooner or later in this exercise. We just want to avoid it as much as possible. The goal isnt to have the leg in line with the floor, have you tryed a formcheck on this one? Because you might try to much in the top position.
If you have formchecked, how are your hips feeling in your daily life? Healthy and painfree?@Joshua Hibbert
It's been a while since I have had a form check so I will film that and have a double check. I probably have put it off because I don't feel like I have made much progress. It's interesting to think that you will eventually use the torso, my cue has been to keep that as quiet as possible.
My hips don't generally give me any pain but there are times that they feel especially tight, this is most notable when I play golf.
@Joshua Hibbert
Like Jonas is saying, send a form check to coaches to be sure of what to do here.
On 17/01/2018 at 12:17 AM, Jonas Berglund said:the upper bodyare gonna twist sooner or later in this exercise. We just want to avoid it as much as possible. The goal isnt to have the leg in line with the floor, have you tryed a formcheck on this one? Because you might try to much in the top position.
If you have formchecked, how are your hips feeling in your daily life? Healthy and painfree?@Joshua Hibbert
I don't want to create confusion here, but I don't think that we can let the torso move, not the way it's asked anyway. As I mastered this, I had to stay steady on my spine motionless.
@Alessandro Mainente, @Everett Carroll,
How must we do it?
@Étienne LajeunesseI Should clearify this, for mastery se need a still Torso, like you say.
My point was, if we try to go to high with the leg, the torso Will twist almost guaranteed.
I think mastery level is to have the leg almost in line with the Floor.
in case @Joshua Hibbert go any further and then complain about torso twisting, you might actually do abit to much? Form check it mate ![]()
If the upper body moves it is because it tends to compensate. If you assume a standing position and you try to perform the same movement with the aim of reaching the 90° of abduction. when the hips limitation come out you can still complete the movement by moving the spine right? but it has nothing to do with the spine.