This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Astronominoff's Log

Started by Andrew Browne, April 1, 2010 · 3 Replies · 805 Views

Andrew Browne

Introduction:

This is going to be a collection of monthly progress reports for my goals for 2010 (from the 2010 goals thread in community):

1. pike press handstand from L seat on floor.

2. front lever pullup

3. leg raise to 135 degrees

4. wrist pushups from full pushup position

5. standing jump onto or over object 4 feet high

* Edit: I hereby grant myself an optional 3-month shedule slip since I'm starting these goals at the end of March.

It probably helps your progress if you have to "report on" it regularly. First report will be end of April.

Andrew Browne

Report # 1

1. I'm able to do a wall handstand without aggravating my impingement (I'm being consistent with prehab).

2. tuck front lever pullups (shins to the bar); need to figure out how to extend hips without getting in the way.

3. being more strict with the form and can only lift leg to 80 degrees.

4. I guess "baby girl" wrist pushups right now (on knees and tucked hips :oops: ).

5. haven't gotten to measure this one. [Edit]

Feeling pathetic but hopeful since my shoulder is doing better after a year of struggle.

Joakim Anderson

Keep it up!

Andrew Browne

Report # 2 (missing in action)

...

Report # 3

1. Getting stronger: wall handstands closer to wall, walking from pushup position to pike with elevated toes.

2. Same.

3. Same. Have to get more hamstring flexibility or this will never improve.

4. Same.

5. Don't know.

Wow this is pretty bad.