This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Playing with the handstand

Started by Michael Vetter, January 16, 2018 · 2 Replies · 103 Views

Michael Vetter

Currently I am at:

Wrist exercises PE3 4x4r

HS PE2 5x60s

 

I started to play around a bit with the handstand after the normal workout.

After two weeks of playing 6 days a week I felt like in the beginning I made a lot of progress because training everyday seems to be good for the balance. However I also quite feel my wrists and the tiredness of my arm muscles on some days. On these days it's quite hard to do the HS well.

Interesting how at one hand training it everyday is improving certain aspects and on the other hand makes others harder.

 

I suppose if one has finished HS1 and has all the right wrist conditioning training every day would make more sense.

https://youtu.be/YTXhdWhkd6k

https://youtu.be/hE0qhops4OQ

 

Personally I feel that in those 2 weeks there were time where it was better: not so much small step walking needed to find balance. Could kick up and stand without at beginning need so many steps. More posterior pelvic tilt.

Currently I feel like doing it so often gives a quite unpredictable curve of how well it goes.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Michael Vetter,

Not bad for "playing". Definitely in need of more mobility. (need to open those shoulders) Be careful of playing too much like this because you will develop a bad habit of walking every time you try and rebalance. I suggest that you supplement your training with Handstand Two and Thoracic Bridge Stretch Series to help with your shoulder mobility. 

Michael Vetter

Thanks for the review Leo!

 

Yeah got the Handstand two recently (but stopped for now because of lower back pain which happened during PE1 iM).

Doing Thoracic Bridge series also :)