This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hip imbalance

Started by Thomas Hanssen, January 15, 2018 · 3 Replies · 118 Views

Thomas Hanssen

Hey folks!

Just thought i ask. I noticed that my hips are a bit out of balance. I know that one of my legs are a bit longer than the other, and a physiotherapist said i had scolioses because of it.

 I included a pic of my current middle split. You may notice that my left knee points slightly upwards, and the right points more downward.

Just wondering if this is okay? 

I guess no one is 100% symmetrical and that it probably will even out further down the line, but i dont know:)

5a5cdf4f2bcc5_Skjermbilde2018-01-15kl_18_01_47.thumb.png.58ba8401f0f9f4d2d42c13a4edd10580.png

Bill Marr

Hey Thomas... I'm like you. Chronic hip pain (right side) with my left leg a bit longer than my right. I have played soccer my entire life (over 50 years of playing) and for the last 20+ years have had hip pain after training or playing. I started on both the middle and front split courses about a year ago. What a difference! After I play now, nothing. No pain. No limping around the next day or two. While I still don't have the same mobility in my right hip as I do in my left, it really is incredible that the pain has gone. While I'm not  answering your question, I am testimony to the value of the program and how mobility with skeletal 'defects' can be improved regardless of age.

Keep at it and reap the benefits!

Alessandro Mainente

The problem is the left hips which have limited external rotation. In this case, i Tend to spend more time in the position where they are a bit asymmetrical until differences disappear.

Ronnicky Roy
On 1/15/2018 at 1:03 PM, Thomas Hanssen said:

Hey folks!

Just thought i ask. I noticed that my hips are a bit out of balance. I know that one of my legs are a bit longer than the other, and a physiotherapist said i had scolioses because of it.

 I included a pic of my current middle split. You may notice that my left knee points slightly upwards, and the right points more downward.

Just wondering if this is okay? 

I guess no one is 100% symmetrical and that it probably will even out further down the line, but i dont know:)

5a5cdf4f2bcc5_Skjermbilde2018-01-15kl_18_01_47.thumb.png.58ba8401f0f9f4d2d42c13a4edd10580.png

It'll even out down the road. I know I feel like i'm more stable after every MS session. I notice most for FS, my front to back balance between quads/hams are good. And with MS I feel like the muscular balance between left leg vs right leg is more even. Almost feels like a new pair of legs. Most noticeable after my very first session. Absolutely insane. But yes : D. Longwinded answer to say yes it will even out. Just takes time, since it's connective tissue and habitual motor patterns you change over time as well.