This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Routine Integration

Started by Damiano Rivitti, January 14, 2018 · 1 Replies · 124 Views

Damiano Rivitti

Hi there GB Athletes,

I'm Damiano and I started my GB journey few weeks ago. I already used to practice calisthenics and yoga on my own but decided to start the GB path. I'm writing in order to have some suggestions on how to modify the workouts routine. Since now I've been following coach Sommer's suggestions adopting the following routine:

Mon - Core / Tue - Middle Split / Wed - Low body and Front Split / Thu - Upper Body / Sat - Handstand amd Thor Bridge / Sun - Movement

I was now wondering to vary this routine, but I'm having some troubles as the workouts are many and I'm not sure on how to organize them. My main objective would be to prioritize the Handstand among other skills. I tried then to define a possible routine as:

Mon - F7 / Tue - Handstand, Middle Split / Wed - Lower Body, Front Split / Thur - Core, Upper Body, Handstand / Sat - Handstand, Thoracic Bridge / Sun - Movement

Do you think it could works? I would really appreciate to have some suggestions from you. Thanks so much for the availability.

 

Dam

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hey Damiano,

Your training schedule will firstly be defined by your own life schedule.  As in your example, if it works for you, that's all fine.

It's also good thing that you kept the stretch series once a week.

It looks good in overall.  Just make sure to have completely rested before doing a second round for a workout.  

Just one thing from my own experience,  handstand and TB are hard to do on the same day.  HS will bust you out since you do similar things in TBs. 

So try it and let us know :)