Hi. Could you please give me some pointers on these? They have been my bête noire for what seems like forever.
Thank you very kindly in advance.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Mark Chin, January 13, 2018 · 4 Replies · 92 Views
Hi. Could you please give me some pointers on these? They have been my bête noire for what seems like forever.
Thank you very kindly in advance.
Hi Mark,
It looks like you're doing a good job. As you stand up, try to keep your knees together. On some of your reps you are also pausing after your roll before you stand up. Try to take out the pause like you do on your last two reps. Other than that, they look pretty solid.
Thank you, @Jeffrey Bittner !
I see what you mean about the pause. I think it's a balance thing, but I can fix that.
As far as the knees together, do they need to be touching throughout the whole movement to meet the mastery standard? I can keep them together during the descent, but on ascent (for the life of me), there's always a few inches between them. For some reason when my heels hit the ground the knees separate.
Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Thanks again!
@Mark Chin spending some more time doing elevated deck squat on a small elevated surface will help you to keep your knees together.
Right on. Thank you.