now i have a solid front lever, back lever, muscle up on the rings and straddle planche on the floor, what i can learn now on the rings?
what i can learn
Started by Alessandro Mainente, April 1, 2010 · 14 Replies · 3,186 Views
Planche on rings? cross?
Do you have the book? There's harder stuff in there.
thanks, i answer because i don't know if i must follow a progression of skill, for example before learn flares i have to learn circles, i think there is a sort of progression for the skills on the rings or not? or a sort of prerequisites before learn a new skill...
I think you ares supposed to begin the beginner ring series at that point.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=351
Have fun!
The book shows you all the progressions.
Start more advanced ring elements such as cross, rings planche, maltese. Practice your rings handstand aswell as getting down full planche on floor. Lots of stuff to do
also planche pushups, press handstands, planche press handstands, MANNA.
rings wise:
support and L-sit. you can probably already do these with ease besides a lot of the dip variations.
set the rings low, jump into a HS and straddle your legs so you don't fall on your back. Better yet-put a mat, some bedding, pillows, futon, something under the rings.
work the ring HS, first with the legs on the outside of the straps, then the inside, as well as focusing on turning the rings at first parallel and then turned out.
around the same time, work the L-sit press to shoulderstand and back to L-sit. This is prepatory before the press to HS as it teaches you how to lower down.
For the press to ring HS: with straight arms starting from a pike, press your hips as high while you keep your arms straight with a short hold at the end of the ROM. Lower back to down to L-sit. Build progressively from there.
Another skill is the backward roll to support on rings. Of course, work a forward roll from support to L-hang, then forward roll to muscle-up (go slow enough to lower into a false grip-don't tuck your legs, pike).
As well, start working a press to tuck planche on rings from an L-sit. This is very much like the straight arm press HS with a hold at the top of your ROM.
thanks to everyone ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I have yet to hear of someone doing a manna on the rings LOL
Seiji said:I have yet to hear of someone doing a manna on the rings LOL
I will buy you a car if you do that ![]()
![]()
![]()
I used to think I saw the manna in an old version of the FIG code, as I have seen stretched manna before.
I've never confirmed it again and I think I was just confusing it on which event.
V-sit is a B on Rings. I've seen it in person (by a tall, lanky guy no less) and it was quite impressive.
Blairbob said:rings wise:support and L-sit. you can probably already do these with ease besides a lot of the dip variations.
set the rings low, jump into a HS and straddle your legs so you don't fall on your back. Better yet-put a mat, some bedding, pillows, futon, something under the rings.
work the ring HS, first with the legs on the outside of the straps, then the inside, as well as focusing on turning the rings at first parallel and then turned out.
around the same time, work the L-sit press to shoulderstand and back to L-sit. This is prepatory before the press to HS as it teaches you how to lower down.
For the press to ring HS: with straight arms starting from a pike, press your hips as high while you keep your arms straight with a short hold at the end of the ROM. Lower back to down to L-sit. Build progressively from there.
Another skill is the backward roll to support on rings. Of course, work a forward roll from support to L-hang, then forward roll to muscle-up (go slow enough to lower into a false grip-don't tuck your legs, pike).
As well, start working a press to tuck planche on rings from an L-sit. This is very much like the straight arm press HS with a hold at the top of your ROM.
fortunately i have a strong false grip and a great control of my body, i've tried the forward roll to muscle-up 2 times and at the second i did it, i think i'll work on the handstand on rings and after on the press to handstand
Blairbob there was a stretched manna on pbars in the 1996-2000 code of points if i remember correctly
, thats crazy haha
Yeah, Ivan, I think I saw that in the old code once.