This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS Wrist PE

Started by Christopher Hancox, January 12, 2018 · 14 Replies · 170 Views

Christopher Hancox

How are these looking? This is last set of 5x5. Still lagging behind (PE1) on the first knuckle walk but will keep going until it's fixed. Hope it's ok to post these as a playlist rather than individual videos.  Please let me know if not.

 

Bas Albinus

Looking good. Your wrists seem to be up to the task. I noticed that you are gradually moving closer to the wall from your 1st to last video. The bigger the distance to the wall the more important it is to maintain ppt and make sure your shoulders are depressed while protracted with elbows locked.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Christopher,

Letting the wrists part to coaches,  I think you need to be completely straight, even if you feel less the work.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Christopher, the top part of the exercise it is ok , I prefer to see the bottom part slower.

Christopher Hancox

Thanks for the help guys.

I am still on PE1 for the first knuckle reps hence the closer to the wall Ben. One day I might have the mobility for PE2!

Cheers Étienne. I will keep that in mind next time.

@Alessandro MainenteIs that for all 4 videos. They are in a playlist so not sure you saw them all.

Bas Albinus
On 1/12/2018 at 1:42 PM, Christopher Hancox said:

I am still on PE1 for the first knuckle reps hence the closer to the wall Ben. One day I might have the mobility for PE2!

I moved from pe1 to pe2 but keep both IMs in my routine. Mobility is usually slower to catch up and some pes simply get too easy to keep doing at max reps+sets for months on end while predominately working on mobility. (swivel hips, shoulder extensions+flexion, dislocates, thoracic bridge ... you name it) ;)

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Christopher,

Personally, I like the playlist much better.

I have one more thing to add: be sure to keep your elbows 100% straight during your Wrist Push-up progression. You may need to go back to WP/PE1 to better develop that habit. 

 

Christopher Hancox
31 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Christopher,

Personally, I like the playlist much better.

I have one more thing to add: be sure to keep your elbows 100% straight during your Wrist Push-up progression. You may need to go back to WP/PE1 to better develop that habit. 

 

Ok. I'll go back to PE1 mastery reps and get that checked this week, then start building back up again if all is ok.

Christopher Hancox

@Everett CarrollI have looked at my arm position and realised that I can actually get them to 100% straight. I don't get that lock out feeling that I can get with my knees. I guess that is why I feel a lot of faitugue in my triceps during this and other straight arm exercises. 

What muscles would be worth stretching to specifically sort this out? I'm guessing biceps on the upper arm, but unsure on the forearm.

Christopher Hancox

Here are the PE1 last set of mastery. Are these ok or should I stay perfecting these for a while longer. Did some release work on biceps and I think it made my arms easier to lock straight. What do you reckon? WR wouldnt load.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Christopher, have you tried to squeeze your triceps? it makes an enormous difference on straightening the elbows.

Christopher Hancox

Yeah. I squeeze my triceps hard.

I assume there is still an elbow bending issue with the PE1?

I will stick at PE1 mastery reps and see if I can progress the straight arm situation. 

Is here anything else I need to perfect on my PE1 form?

Christopher Hancox

Is there still an issue with bent arms in PE1?

Otherwise is form ok?

Here are some pics of how straight I can get my arms. Not straight right!

image.thumb.jpeg.95a1e63a9aa6d304827020c96ac2e5e8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c8ef6f250e63d5b45e3e07183f47f038.jpeg

Christopher Hancox

Coaches......anyone? :mellow:

Alessandro Mainente

HI Christopher, your straight arms can be:

--tissue restriction;

-bones (joint) restriction.

If the problem is the second one I cannot do anything to help you. 

You need to check for an X-ray to see if there is a bones restriction.