Hi everyone,
Quick question - with the rep ranges being in the 50-75 range, would that activate hypertrophy more than strength? I'm guessing not with the level of exercises, but thought I'd ask.
Thanks,
Noah
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Noah Schettini, January 12, 2018 · 3 Replies · 236 Views
Hi everyone,
Quick question - with the rep ranges being in the 50-75 range, would that activate hypertrophy more than strength? I'm guessing not with the level of exercises, but thought I'd ask.
Thanks,
Noah
5 minutes ago, Noah Schettini said:Hi everyone,
Quick question - with the rep ranges being in the 50-75 range, would that activate hypertrophy more than strength? I'm guessing not with the level of exercises, but thought I'd ask.
Thanks,
Noah
Hey Noah,
Actually, it condition your body to work capacity, so, more endurance to prepare the joints.
You will experience some hypertrophy, but the main point is to gain strength to be able to move to more advanced elements.
Hope it answers your question!
It does actually - a lot of information out there, but glad to know that the high rep range (as stated in the course and what I previously thought) is to help with connective tissue and body prep.
Thanks,
Noah
NO MATTER the number of the reps if the % of the 1RM it is not adequate to produce a certain type of result. it is like to ask if the range 3-5 reps produce strength gain....what is the % of 1RM you are using? if you are using the 30% you can still perform 3-5 reps but you will never gain strength.