This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted Straddle hang

Started by Christopher Denzer, January 11, 2018 · 7 Replies · 86 Views

Christopher Denzer

Hi forum:

Is there anything harder that I can do here? I only have a 35lb kettlebell for weight and, at the moment, I just get to the bottom and hang there without really feeling anything, stretch or otherwise. I also can't open my straddle anymore because I am already open to the length of my table!

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Christopher Denzer,

You can post your video for form check.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Christopher Denzer,

Can you please post from the side too. Its hard to see but you must avoid pushing your butt backwards and must keep the weight in front. I hope this helps. 

Christopher Denzer

Hi @Leo Trinidad, thank you for feedback. Here's a side view. I see what you mean about pushing back, but I am not sure how to do that without falling off! Maybe another surface to stand on.

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Christopher Denzer,

Okay decrease the weight a bit and try to put the weight forward towards your toes and also put your head down. If you are scared of falling forward, choose a surface that is closer to the floor so you can maximize your stretch. I hope this helps.

Christopher Denzer

Thanks, Leo. Would the inverted straddle hang on stall bars from handstand 2 series be a good sub?

Leo Trinidad

It would help but not a substitute. :)