This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Eating around workout

Started by Christopher Hancox, January 10, 2018 · 1 Replies · 83 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi all,

I have just reached the end of Thrive 1 and was wondering how I should adapt my food to fit in with my workout time, whilst still sticking to the tasks.

I workout in the mornings shortly after breakfast and stretch in the evenings just before dinner. My average day would look something like this. Any suggestions on changes to include. 

Greek yoghurt, nuts, berrys, chia seeds, cinnamon

Coffee

Workout 

(Directly after workout) Two or three poached eggs with a small amount of raw spinach or other leafy greens.

Large salad with olive oil, chicken, potato with butter and small amount of cheese.

Casein protein shake (zero sugar and fats)

Stretch

Stir fry vegetables, turkey, rice, Chinese 5spice.

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Christopher,

Nice work completing the course!!!

Based on this, I have a few simple tips:

1. Make sure you're eating enough for breakfast. I always need 3-4 servings of kefir in AM, especially if I'm going to train. 

2. If you're training and/or climbing hard, don't skimp on your lunch and dinner starches.  

3. I always suggest whey protein over casein but I know some people suffer from GI issues after consuming whey.