This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical Lunge - Foot Cue

Started by Miguel Perez, January 10, 2018 · 1 Replies · 80 Views

Miguel Perez

Hello everyone, 

I have been making quite a lot of progress on the front stretch series! However, I do come across a common issue with the final exercise (the vertical lunge with one leg stretched out forward). In the video, some choose to point the front foot toes forward while others have it pulling back. When I point my front foot, my ankle and calf experience a lot of tension and I am limited in Range of Motion. If I pull my front foot back, then I can go deeper into the stretch. My intent is to increase my mobility and strength, so if pointing the foot forward makes things more difficult, and will therefore contribute more results, then I will continue to do so. Any input would be greatly appreciated. My ankle strength has greatly increased, but always seems to be a limiting factor (on this exercise especially).

Thanks and Happy New Year guys,

Miguel

Alessandro Mainente

Hey MIguel pointing the toes in the front will result in plantar and calf muscles shortening. this makes the position harder because you are trying to stretch in a contraction phase. First master this in a relaxation position then, after, consider adding the pointed toes.