Tried hard to keep the hips next to hands, still wobbly. Does this look ok, or the hip need to go forward more? It’s the rear deltoid that’s firing up to keep the chest out and the hip forward? Thx!
Proper L sit here I come!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jin Liu, January 10, 2018 · 6 Replies · 122 Views
Tried hard to keep the hips next to hands, still wobbly. Does this look ok, or the hip need to go forward more? It’s the rear deltoid that’s firing up to keep the chest out and the hip forward? Thx!
Proper L sit here I come!
Hey Jin,
You're doing an awesome job! Your position looks good. Keep trying to minimize swinging/movement as you hold. It might be good to decrease the length of your hold to the point where you are able to stay completely still, then work your way back up.
Hey Lin,
I find it much easier to keep the body balanced when the knees are bent to ninety degrees so that your feet are directly underneath your knees. This helps provide a counterbalance for your backward lean.
I noticed that you found the right position towards the end of your video and found balance. All you have to do is raise up into that position from the start and you should be fine and dandy ![]()
Thank you coaches!
As I’m increasing the hold time, is it normal to feel the lower back getting tired?
On 2/14/2018 at 5:00 AM, Jin Liu said:As I’m increasing the hold time, is it normal to feel the lower back getting tired?
Jin, I find that this typically occurs when either one or both of the following happens:
-There’s an inbalance of strength between your hip flexors and transverse abdominals.
-There’s excessive tightness in your hip flexors.
Even though your hips are in flexion, you will still need to engage ppt to keep your spine in proper position. As you hold your 1/2 l sit, think to tuck your tailbone a d use your lower abs to pull your thighs up to parallel. That should prevent your lower back from overworking.
To do this, you may need to refine ppt using a combination of hollow body holds and ppt specific exercises from the hs course.
37 minutes ago, Mikey Cunanan said:Jin, I find that this typically occurs when either one or both of the following happens:
-There’s an inbalance of strength between your hip flexors and transverse abdominals.
-There’s excessive tightness in your hip flexors.
Even though your hips are in flexion, you will still need to engage ppt to keep your spine in proper position. As you hold your 1/2 l sit, think to tuck your tailbone a d use your lower abs to pull your thighs up to parallel. That should prevent your lower back from overworking.
To do this, you may need to refine ppt using a combination of hollow body holds and ppt specific exercises from the hs course.
Thanks Mickey! I redid it today and already felt better. What I did different from last week is I spent a few extra seconds to relax/twist the abs in btw sets. Last time I felt I was tucking the lower back during the holds, and that made it sore. But I didn’t take a video, and it’s possible I was not doing what I think I was doing. Will pay more attention to that details in the future. Thanks!