This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE2

Started by Brian Sparks, January 10, 2018 · 5 Replies · 115 Views

Brian Sparks

Thanks for any feedback as I start this next progression:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Brian,

You are picking up a small amount of pike in your hips as well as some hip rotation during this exercise. Engaging your glutes as well as keeping the entire side of your back foot planted flat on the ground will help you to correct both of these. Overall, it looks good. Nice job!

Brian Sparks

Employed the tips @Jeffrey Bittner, very helpful! Definitely gave my lower body more stability to focus on the oblique abdominal movement. 

Noticed in the Westley Tan “tips/scaling” video that a “minimal” amount of hip rotation is acceptable. Just wondering as you can see in my video below, I can’t reach the floor if I keep my hips fixed in place; though certainly could if I were to allow rotation.

Thanks again for any feedback.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Your form looks awesome, Brian!

Suzanna McGee

Just curious…   @Alessandro Mainente always used to point out that the upper arm's position should remain in the same line with the shoulders through the movement (aka squeeze the rear delts even in the bottom position when touching the ground). I think you will like it that way even better, @Brian Sparks (more torture :P)

Brian Sparks
1 hour ago, Suzanna McGee said:

more torture 

That’s what I come here for @Suzanna McGee; willful, paid masochism at its apex ;)