Hi, what are some good exercises to help strengthen knee joints, like MCL, ACL? I have been doing twisting squats and collapse squats as Coach said in his podcast with Tim Ferris, am I missing anything else? (:
How to strengthen my knee joints
Started by Nicholaus WOOLWARD, January 9, 2018 · 6 Replies · 3,365 Views
Hi Nicholaus , as all the surround connective tissue structures, the ligaments, and tendon are strengthened with a process of more intensive exercises over the time. beginning from foundations 1 it is the key to a good process.
Thank you, I'm on week 2 of my foundations 1 programing. Only reason I ask is because 6months ago I had a minor grade 1 strain of my right MCL (freak accident in a football game). Just wanted to know anything extra out side of the courses to help with my knee and joint prep.
Did you have a rehab protocol with a PT?
Yes, because im a PT (:
Just wanted to know if there was any GST type for knees
Well, in gymnastics we have 2 type of preparation, basic that means developing general legs strength and specific that means developing connective tissue and strength in certain type fo angles which are typical of gymnastics landing, rebounds and apparatus. So the problem leads always to understand why you need stronger knees?
In Physiotherapy you do first analyze your individual deficiencies (injured tissue, passive joint flexibility, active joint mobility, propriocepsis and balance, strenght and endurance, muscle lenght etc etc) and then you work on them in an adequate intensity and angles, gradually adding difficulty.
That's why it is always hard to give general recommandations on injuries.