I've progressed up to 4x48s Hollow body hold and have been stalled out for a couple weeks, only getting the first two sets. Each step in this progression has been a struggle beyond the 36second stage, clearly a abdominal endurance problem. But the HBH has really got me stuck. What is a good strategy to regress and then progress. Is this a movement that would benefit from more frequency? Going back to PE4? Any ideas? Thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Hollow Body Hold
Started by Erik Hayes, January 9, 2018 · 7 Replies · 216 Views
Hi Erik,
Best is to post video for from check.
Hey Erik,
Beyond the form check, "mini" steps can also be a useful tool here. If 4x48s is too much, then break your next two workouts down into 4x40s and 4x44s before returning to 4x48s.
Here is my HBH. I was fresh in this video, felt good during the hold.
Hey Erik, move lower your feet of 5-10 cm.
I'll try that. Thanks. I see it is fairly normal to hit plateau's based on other threads, especially in the longer sets. Coach Sommer says plateau's get hit because the connective tissue is not ready to handle the given load. If this is correct, the tissues just need time to adapt. Is that a fair assessment?
That’s a pretty fair assessment, Erik. You might need to monitor your recovery. Technical instructions and getting some focus points might help too
5 hours ago, Erik Hayes said:I'll try that. Thanks. I see it is fairly normal to hit plateau's based on other threads, especially in the longer sets. Coach Sommer says plateau's get hit because the connective tissue is not ready to handle the given load. If this is correct, the tissues just need time to adapt. Is that a fair assessment?
it depends on the type of the exercise. When we train core generally it is a lack of endurance something pretty common.