This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My first Hollow Roll T1/2.1 — baby seal thrown on the sand

Started by Suzanna McGee, January 5, 2018 · 5 Replies · 91 Views

Suzanna McGee

So I finally purchased the Movement (because I really want to get my handstand this year, and learn how to forward roll should decrease my fears, hoping…). This is my first try of the Hollow/Arch Roll and I feel like a baby seal thrown on the sand. Afterwards I read "keep the chest off the ground"… my chest is not off the ground, I will work on that. But any other tips how to make this smooth?  I do not bend backwards very well, so lifting chest in the arched position is hard as it is without any rolling around…  This is going to be loooooong project  :-) 

 

 

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Nice one Suzanna! One thing that helped me roll on this one was to lead with the hips.  :)

Suzanna McGee

OK, thank you…  I will have to play with this one to figure it out… I will try leading with the hips… thank you thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
48 minutes ago, Suzanna McGee said:

So I finally purchased the Movement (because I really want to get my handstand this year, and learn how to forward roll should decrease my fears, hoping…). This is my first try of the Hollow/Arch Roll and I feel like a baby seal thrown on the sand. Afterwards I read "keep the chest off the ground"… my chest is not off the ground, I will work on that. But any other tips how to make this smooth?  I do not bend backwards very well, so lifting chest in the arched position is hard as it is without any rolling around…  This is going to be loooooong project  :-) 

 

 

 

Some corrections are needed:

-the hips are piked, on the opposite the beginning position shown it is a full hollowbody position

-the arc position after the first roll it is too limited, on the arc feet and hands should be at 20-25 cm from the floor.

-keep the legs together during the passage from the side.

Suzanna McGee
22 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Some corrections are needed:

-the hips are piked, on the opposite the beginning position shown it is a full hollowbody position

-the arc position after the first roll it is too limited, on the arc feet and hands should be at 20-25 cm from the floor.

-keep the legs together during the passage from the side.

Thank you, Alessandro. I've already changed 1) and 3). Number two will take me probably really long, as I have never been able to lift my legs that high even without rolling around… I keep working on this, and post video in a few months, again. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

"Baby seal thrown on the sand" LOL!