This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

lower back pain

Started by Michael Vetter, January 5, 2018 · 4 Replies · 64 Views

Michael Vetter

Hi,

I started H2 last month. Currently I have quite some lower back pain, which I assume is from doing the Inverted Pike Pull.

I am not exactly sure but I think I have this pain in a small amount since I started H2. I didn't feel it while doing the exercise but afterwards.

Over Christmas I took 9 days off. Last Tuesday I started again and did also the Inverted Pike Pull (carefully).  Today is Friday and I still can feel my lower back. It's the muscles directly around the spine (sometimes feels like spine itself) that hurt a bit.

 

It's not dramatic, I can do all kinds of movements and such, but still there is this burn.

 

In another thread about the butterfly, someone mentioned that my lower back seems to be stiff and a limiting factor there. Since this has been pointed out I tried to check this in various positions/movements and think it is right. So I can totally imagine that the Inverted Pike Pull might start some work there.

 

Of course I plan to do the movement very carefully all the time, even more now, but not sure whether I should need to do something else since the area seems to be irritated already.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Michael, 

I experienced a similar discomfort on the inverted pike.  Don't push too hard and try to improve your APT in pike.  It will greatly help with time!

Michael Vetter

@Étienne Lajeunesse did you take a break in between or something to give a chance for the pain to stop? Or did you continue training?

Doing the latter so far ;)

Alessandro Mainente

HI Michael, try this first: wait until the pain it is gone then try the first IM element of H2 which includes a compression of the legs to the upper body BUT rather than lock your knees out, let your knees to bend a bit and see how it goes.

Étienne Lajeunesse
24 minutes ago, Michael Vetter said:

@Étienne Lajeunesse did you take a break in between or something to give a chance for the pain to stop? Or did you continue training?

Doing the latter so far ;)

I kept going, but listen to Alessandro ahah