This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

T1 progressions

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, January 5, 2018 · 23 Replies · 252 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi again! I need some help for these next 3 elements.  How can I improve?

2.2

3.4 

4.5

Thank you!

Tanya Hill

Woohoo! Coming along nicely.... 

1. The hollow rolls are close. Try to avoid using that elbow to come up! ;)

2. You are close here just a little more gracefullness! 

3. Backwards straddle roll looks great. 

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 hour ago, Tanya Hill said:

Woohoo! Coming along nicely.... 

1. The hollow rolls are close. Try to avoid using that elbow to come up! ;)

2. You are close here just a little more gracefullness! 

3. Backwards straddle roll looks great. 

Thanks a lot Tanya! :)

For the second one, what do you suggest to work on?

Everett Carroll

Work to open your body even more. Extend longer and that should help you develop a smoother roll. 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Thanks @Everett Carroll! I didn't know how extended I needed to go.  I'll apply this :)

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi @Tanya Hill and @Everett Carroll,

Here's a follow up of my movements.  It's not perfect but still hope it's better! Thanks in advanced :)

2.2 can't quite do it without my elbows, what can help me?

3.4 Here again, I can't find out how to keep a full hollow body, any tips?

4.5 I think this one's good!

 

Alessandro Mainente

ON the first video above the common mistake is that when you move from hollowhold to the side you tend to approach the long hollow by bending the first arm that reaches the floor.it should be straight.

On the second video there is the common mistake, when you have finished the pushing movement with the legs you tend to hold them in the last position, on the other side the heel should continue to drive in the air in order to reach the hips extension and the hollow position.

Étienne Lajeunesse
2 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

ON the first video above the common mistake is that when you move from hollowhold to the side you tend to approach the long hollow by bending the first arm that reaches the floor.it should be straight.

On the second video there is the common mistake, when you have finished the pushing movement with the legs you tend to hold them in the last position, on the other side the heel should continue to drive in the air in order to reach the hips extension and the hollow position.

So for the side roll, like Everett said, I need to be more extended?

For the forward roll, you mean to keep pulling the heels upward?

Alessandro Mainente

For the side roll the first arm reaching the floor must be with elbow locked. no matter the amount of extension if it is bent.

For The forward roll yes.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

I tried to implement your tips here.  Is it better?

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

The problem still persit. 

You begin from long hollow: where are the arms? overhead, shoulder to EARS. what about elbows? LOCKED.

Now the movement it is an hollow roll. look the video and check if you are holding:

-arms overhead

-shoulder to the EARS

-elbows locked.

If not you cannot be surprised if the quality does not match the requirements.

if you hold the segment in the proper position you will notice that you ban begin making presure on the floor with shoulder and upper arm rather than trying to reach directly with the hands.

Étienne Lajeunesse
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The problem still persit. 

You begin from long hollow: where are the arms? overhead, shoulder to EARS. what about elbows? LOCKED.

Now the movement it is an hollow roll. look the video and check if you are holding:

-arms overhead

-shoulder to the EARS

-elbows locked.

If not you cannot be surprised if the quality does not match the requirements.

if you hold the segment in the proper position you will notice that you ban begin making presure on the floor with shoulder and upper arm rather than trying to reach directly with the hands.

Yeah I see, so you're saying to keep everything in line to push back with shoulder and upper arm? I just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

Alessandro Mainente

yes . it comes natural if you hold the the hoolow position.

Étienne Lajeunesse
19 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

yes . it comes natural if you hold the the hoolow position.

Alright thanks! I'll try it and send a form check.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

I've tried to keep my hollow body as much as I could on this one, I'm I on the right track?

3.4

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Etienne, not too much improvement. you are still lacking Heel Drive. As you notice in the photo below you are much more in a tuck hollow position with knee extended. the athlete has open hips, this detail can be reached if you do not think to drive your heels to the ceiling.

compare.png

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Etienne, not too much improvement. you are still lacking Heel Drive. As you notice in the photo below you are much more in a tuck hollow position with knee extended. the athlete has open hips, this detail can be reached if you do not think to drive your heels to the ceiling.

compare.png

Hey Alessandro

But I can't figure out how to do that.  I try things but works do you have any basic positions I can work on to help or any other suggestions?

Alessandro Mainente

the handstand forward roll helps to get the correct sensation.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

Me again and better this time, well, I hope!

2.2 - Obviously, I can't do it without bending my arm and if I try, I fall.  Any suggestions to progress?

3.4 - I think I got it, not the best landing, but the extension is much prettier according me!

 

4.5 - Just making sure that everything's fine!

 

Thanks a lot :)

Alessandro Mainente

Significant improvement of the forward roll.

On the side roll still persist the problem of reaching the floor with bent arm.

Étienne Lajeunesse
12 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Significant improvement of the forward roll.

On the side roll still persist the problem of reaching the floor with bent arm.

Hey Alex,

Forward roll : Thanks, is it good enough to go to the next step?

Side roll : I know, that's why I asked you any suggestion to improve that.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Yes you can move on.

On the side roll it is a technical problem, you got the habit or reaching with the bent arm.

Étienne Lajeunesse
47 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

 

On the side roll it is a technical problem, you got the habit or reaching with the bent arm.

Yeah, but keeping it straight makes me fall keeping me from making the hollow position.

Alessandro Mainente

Can you do it with the knees on the floor and straight arms?