This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Chinese handstand

Started by Joshua Becky, January 4, 2018 · 5 Replies · 254 Views

Joshua Becky

How do I get into a Chinese handstand?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Joshua, whre are you going to perform it? pbars? power rack?

Mikey Cunanan

@Joshua Becky

It's important here that you are fairly comfortable with kicking into a handstand. I recommend practicing along with a wall until you are able to kick up perfectly nearly every time.

Then set up a sturdy bar at the height of the center of your feet. Kick up with control until you are able to hold. That's a great and simple way to do it.

Joshua Becky

I have a very sturdy bar at the right height. Do you mean kicking up from standing? I thought about that but it’s chest towards bar, right? I’d be facing the wrong way. Or, can it be in the other direction? I hadn’t thought of that. I’d hit it with the balls of my feet instead of back of toes? Thanks for the help, by the way!

Everett Carroll

Hey Joshua,

You can be facing either way. You can always adjust your feet once you're up there too. 

Joshua Becky

Good to know.  Thanks for the help!