This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I'M GONNA KILL YOU!

Started by DanPlanche, March 30, 2010 · 2 Replies · 684 Views

DanPlanche

..Which is what i feel like saying if pushing power was a person sometimes. (my keyboard is mess up apologies for spelling)

What is the best way for me to develop excllnt pushing power?

I do other conditioning but any ideas on how i should train and rest? like what sets would be good.

At the minute I do pushing conditioning on tuesdays Thursdays and Sundays . sometimes I do Fridays as well.

On these days I usually do 4 sets of 10 or more Handstand Pushups with a wall in the morning then 2 more sets before bed.

I sample this with 4 sets of 20 fingertip pushups and 3 sets of 20 diamond pushups. usually in the morning and afternoon.

On thursdays i do a couple extra HSPUS without a wall (as many as i can) and sometimes 3 tits of 20 dips.

I want to know should I do it all close to each other, rest more or do more sets or reps?

thanks.

Neal Winkler

Finger tip pushups are good for strengthening your fingers but not your pushing power. Neither are diamond pushups as they are an exercise only valuable for the weak or those seeking endurance.

If you are up at 10 or more handstand (?) pushups then you need to start thinking about harder variations. Are you doing headstand or handstand pushups?

You need to do variations of exercises in lower reps ranges. 20 of anything in a row is endurance, not strength or power.

Razz

There is sooo much info about how to achieve almost any gymnastics skill on this forum, just do some reading around aswell as some general reading on strength training. Understanding why to do this and that and then apply it to your needs is better than just doing this and that without knowing why and then maybe still not progressing. :)

OR maybe even better: do the above and start doing the prescribed WOD's on the days that coach prescribe them and rest all the other days. :) Those WOD's are gold for anyone that is confused!