I have been completely stuck on the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold (not able to hold it at all), so I've gone back to work further on my pseudo planche push up. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Chantelle Fowler, January 3, 2018 · 3 Replies · 135 Views
I have been completely stuck on the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold (not able to hold it at all), so I've gone back to work further on my pseudo planche push up. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Chantelle, I suggest you use an intermediate form. So take a higher pbars and perform the bent arm tuck planche first, then you will move slowly on the extended variation.
Also, remember to use the private section of the forum for the technical question.
I'm curious, and I've spotted this before -- are bare feet recommended for the planche work, or are the sneakers okay? I find it difficult to fully extend my toes with my sneakers on, so putting weight on the top of the foot would be very awkward in shoes. I try to do most of my PEs with bare feet or with socks.
Any coaching/technique/etc reasons to go one way over the other, or perhaps I just need better shoes? ![]()
I prefer to train barefoot but if your gym requires shoes, wear them. It doesn't matter much, Jennifer.