This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Henri's Training Log

Started by Hewi, March 30, 2010 · 16 Replies · 1,563 Views

Hewi

So i'm going to start a training log :D I've written my trainings in to my little notebook for six months now

and now i'll start writing here too. I'm actually a little ashmed of how short my training sessions are :)

At the moment i don't do pulling exercises because i can't hang anywhere :oops: (Damn winter)

I train three times a week MWF and i guess i have a two split program

A. Vertical push, RLL, Ab wheel, pistols

B. Horizontal push, Planche leans, Straddle l and those body leverish things where you keep your hands next to your sides

And this spins like ABA BAB :D

God i hope that even somebody understands xD

But enogh of talking it's time to train :D

Amebix138
Hewi said:
At the moment i don't do pulling exercises because i can't hang anywhere :oops: (Damn winter)

This is a situation that must be rectified with all haste. Can you get a doorway pull up bar? If you can afford it roguefitness sells some nice wall mountable bars. You could try craiglist too, maybe someone in your area is selling a power rack you could buy. Or you could do what I did, and take two D screws (i think there called), which are screws with a loop in them that you can put in a beam in your ceiling and then thread your rings through. Cheapest option.

Hewi

Thank you Amebix :D

But this has been the case for just a short while. The first thing i'm going to do when i move to my own

apartment is buy the pullup bar.

So i wrote my first log while training and i lost that damn post because i had auto loggedout :evil:

Well anyways, i already forgot what i wrote...

30-3-10

Gatherings advanced 3x5

HeS RLL 3x5

Ab wheel 3x5

Pistols 3x5

Notes:

First time ever tried the Gatherings and i sucked at 'em :D

I was worried they might interfere with the RLL's but they didn't.

I tried pairing RLL and pistols and it was fine.

Ab wheel is getting closer to the ground.

Five minutes of rest feels like an eternity.

I think that was all. Advice, critics and comments always welcome :D

By the way this forum and it's people are awesome!

Hewi

Just a little background incase someone cares :D

I'm 19 year old, 170 cm's tall and i weigh 70 kg's.

I like metal, wich i enjoy listening when i workout :D

There you go as little as it gets.

Now even though i try to write funny it's just because i try to hide my bad english and to keep the log interesting.

That does not mean i don't take my training seriously, in fact my biggest dream is simply to get strong with bw exercises :D

Hewi

31-3-10

After reading Mr. Coreathlete's GB testimonial i too started to do handstand training every day

except saturday and sunday. I usually do five sets of 30 second holds with 1 minute between sets

and back against the wall. Second set felt really solid for some reason. Almost 30 seconds without contact.

I still have problems correcting underbalance, but it's getting there.

Hewi

1-4-10

Handstands 5 x 30 s.

Todays HS session was a bit bad. I didn't feel the balance at all, except for the first set wich was almost

completely freestanding. I finished with 1x10 wrist and first knuckle pushups.

Hewi

1-4-10

Chestroll planche pushup 3x5

Planche leans 5x10s

Straddle-l one hand middle 6x10s

Body leverish thingys :lol: 3x5

Bridge wallwalks 1x10

Weighted pike stretch 2x30s

straddle sit 2x60s

hamstrings and hip flexors. Don't know the names of the stretches.

Notes:

Chestroll planche pushups were hideous to say the least but i'm going to stick with them.

Planche leans were okay :)

I tried the straddle-L like this for the first time and it was brutal. I can really concentrate on widening my legs.

Definetly gonna go with it :D

And for the body levers, i think they are great for building active flexibility for the manna.

Oh, and for the avatar :lol: Ur gonna have to deal with it until i get my planche down.

Hewi

2-4-10

HS 5x30s

Todays session was a bit bad, didn't feel the balance too good :(

Next monday i'm might try a little shorter sets, something like 10x10 seconds.

And think i should include HS wall runs in to my routine :)

We'll see :D

Hewi

4-4-10

Gatherings Advanced/HeSPU 5x3

Wall Hs RLL 3x5

Ab wheel 3x5

Pistols 3x5

Dislocates 1x10

Wall slides 1x10

Bridge wall walks 2x5

WPS 2x30s

Straddle stretch 2x60s

Hip flexors and hamstrings 1x30s

Notes:

It was a little mixed HeSPU training today. I am able to push in to handstand from a headstand,

but i can't lower back down with control :? Well to this point, consistency has proved efficient

so i'm just going to keep trying :)

I was a little surprised that i could do RLL's on wall HS, even though it was with bent arms.

Ab wheel was all good. Perhaps some day i'll be doing it standing :D

Pistols felt really strong :D I wonder if squating with my girlfriend sitting on my shoulders has helped :D

Hewi

6-4-10

HS 5x30s

Notes:

Session felt pretty good, as i pretty much expected after three days of rest :D

I was able to correct an underbalance by piking and bending the arms, but i had huge cramp in my neck

because of that :D

I think i should start training pure error management, by purposely going in to underbalance and then try to correct it.

Overbalance is usually easy to correct but sometimes i push too hard and then i can't correct the underbalance.

Hewi

6-4-10

Planche pushup negatives 3x3

Planche leans 5x10s

Straddle-L one hand middle 6x10s

Notes:

I was in a rush so i didn't have time to finish my workout :?

Other than that it was an okay session :)

Hewi

Ugh, a long ass gap since last workout :cry: It's because i found a job. 9 hours of tire changes in a day :)

It's going to continue until the season is over, so propably 1-2 weeks more.

I already made a good investement for the money, i ordered an ps3 :lol: I swear i don't let it eat my training time :D

There is going to be a little change in my workout plan. It's going to be more heavily based on seated straddle press HS.

So it would include: Straddle-L progressions, half press negatives, standing presses and freestand traning :D

Everything else would be secondary :D

11-4-10

HeSPU 3x3

Wall HS RLL 3x3

chest flys on 3x3

Pistols 3x5

Notes:

HeSPU went well :D It felt really light and i was able to do few reps totally freestanding,

even though i banged my head in to the floor during few descents :lol:

RLL's were okay. There is still quite alot of pressure with my head against the wall.

But i guess it's going to go away once i get more proficient with the movement.

I decided to try chestflys because they seemed like a good exercise to learn :D

I did 'em on my knees with pike in my hips so i'm still total n00b with 'em :lol:

Pistols were good :)

Bridgestuff 1x5

wallslides 1x10

WPS 2x30s

Hewi

It was a 10 hour day at the work today D: It sucks the life out of me :?

Well it's my own fault i'm lazy :mrgreen:

13-4-10

half press negatives (tucked) 3x5

Straddle-L 5x10s

PPP 3x5

HS wallruns 5 mins. (rest included)

Notes:

Half presses were fun :) First time i tried and i realised

my straight arm pressing strength sucks :D

Straddle-L was as fun as always :D

I did the PPP against wall and it felt much more demanding than well...

not against the wall :P

HS wall runs... Even with the rests this felt like hell :P

After a long time i listened to some Chimaira and Trivium

and they sound as good as ever :wink:

Hewi

So it's been three years since my last workout... Or at least it feels like that :?

I had to skip thursdays workout because i didn't have time D:

18-4-10

Half Press Negatives 3x5

Straddle-L one hand middle 6x10s

PPP 3x5

HS Wallruns 5 mins.

Flexibility work

Notes:

I might cut the reps of Half presses to three

Straddle-L felt a little heavy

PPP's were good

HS wall runs were torture

In overall it was a good workout i just felt a little powerless :)

The job is damn taxing on legs and lower back :?

But luckily there is this thing called GB

You should try it :wink:

Yippee! I'm gonna get my PS3 and gta 4 tomorrow :D

Hewi

It's been a long ass time since last post :|

So the job ended and i can start training as i used to :)

2-4-10

HeSPU 3x3

Seated straddle leg lifts 3x3

RLL HS negatives 3x3

Pistols 3x3

4-4-10

Half press negatives 3x3

Straddle-L 3x10 s. on parallettes and 2x10 s. on floor both hands middle fingers back

PPP 3x5

HS Wallruns 5 min

Flexibility

Notes:

Half press negatives are getting lighter :D

Soon i'll be training the straddle-L on floor!

PPP felt good :)

HS wallruns were good even though i wasn't even close to

nailing the whole five minutes :D

Hewi

It's been way long time since last post because i haven't had access to computer :(

So i finally moved to my own place and i'll start on my pulling exercises again :D

I also joined an adult gymnastics class :D It is some serious fun :P

I'll start posting my workouts again when i get to settle down to my new apartment :D

Hewi

Months from last post :cry: Sorry about that :)

I've been a little lazy for sometime with my own training because the gymnastic classes are exhausting :D

And i've been a little down because i broke up with my girlfriend :?

But it's getting better and i'm going to start training with full throttle again :D

This was my yesterdays workout

Saturday 26-06-10

HLL negatives 3x3

Tuck planche pushups 3x3

L-sit lifts 3x3

L-sit 6x10s.

HS wall runs 5 min.

Overall, It was an okay workout.

The HLL negatives we're pretty well in my control.

I looked too much up again and my neck started to cramp :lol:

I sucked at the tuck planche pushups :)

My L-sit has gone terrible, and i'm going start working it in my warmups.

Trying to build that 3x30 seconds

And then switching between L-sit, straddle-L and MSH

HS wallruns we're okay altough i'm not even near to complete it in one round :D

And um... If anyone would like to add me as facebook friend just let me know.

I'd love to know other people who train this way :D

I know there are a quite a few finnish people who also train the gb way, but i don't know if they read my log :lol: