This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F7 vs split

Started by Nathaniel McAdoo, January 2, 2018 · 7 Replies · 234 Views

Nathaniel McAdoo

Do you guys prefer to do all 7 elements in on workout, or split it up into core, upper , and lower. Also what are the advantages/disadvantages?

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hey Nathaniel,

I'm on all 7 elements in one workout for now.  Due to my actual schedule, it's easier to manage.

It's more intense than if you split on different days.  I think you should choose depending on your recovery and how you keep performing during your trainings.  Try them both and let us know! :)

Pauline Taube

Good points from Étienne. This is highly individual and also depend on your schedule :) 

Jon Douglas

Good success with either; depends on your schedule and recovery. Shorter/more frequent workouts are generally touted as better for the neural aspects of strength but when you are using elements which depend on leverage rather than weight for loading, it's easy to beat up your joints some. In this case, and you'll see it quickly, it's better to respect your rest days and get after say F7 twice a week.

I haven't seen many people who can thrive on the full F7 more than twice a week for any length of time, and two days of training is very easy to schedule. As long as it gets done :)

Upper or core workouts work very well as prep before skills training, by the way; this is how Coach did it with his competitive guys.

Nathaniel McAdoo

How many days of rest between F7 days? @Jon Douglas

Étienne Lajeunesse
57 minutes ago, Nathaniel McAdoo said:

How many days of rest between F7 days? @Jon Douglas

Take 2 to 3 days of rest, you'll need it!

Jon Douglas

Mon and Thurs or Mon and Fri with varied training on Wednesday does well. Having completed SLS I have done leg str work and upper body mobility on Wed; has worked nicely.

I've also done well on a Monday F7 and split workout on Thurs/Fri. This suits people playing Saturday morning sports for example; I try not to schedule much on the weekend because it's by far when things come up most often :)

Alessandro Mainente

IN the past until foundations 1-2 was completed I was used to doing a split simply because of the elements, in the beginning, have longer time under tension and reps. As I moved into F3-4 F7 in the day has fewer time constraints since the number of reps/seconds it is lower.