This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE3

Started by Petra Kmecová, January 2, 2018 · 8 Replies · 122 Views

Petra Kmecová

Happy New Year folks,

I’ve just started on this PE. How does my form look?

and one more question about Pe? Is it normal that I feel it a lot in my front shoulder? I even had DOMS after my first go on this exercise. It’s not that bad kind of feeling when something feel not OK, it is just fatigue from lack of strength, I suppose. Or am I doing something wrong?

 

Thanks :-)

Everett Carroll

Hey Petra,

Nice work so far on both of these! Here are my tips:

For the PE, keep working to push your bottom hip higher, further from the floor. Really emphasize that arch! As for the soreness in your shoulder, sounds pretty normal, though you do want to be sure you're making your obliques do plenty of work as well. That's why I made sure to mention that you want to continue increasing the range of your overarch. 

For the iM, work to keep your elbows behind your ears. Keep your back engaged, shoulder blades together. Otherwise, nicely done. 

 

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Everett Carroll. I’ll work on those pointers and get myself formchecked after couple of sessions :-).

 

Have a nice day

Petra Kmecová

Hi everybody, 

How is this looking? 

Thanks

Everett Carroll

Hey Petra,

Awesome, these are coming along really well.

For the PE, you've definitely increased the overarch so nice work. Now just be sure that your top shoulder doesn't cave in and your hips don't pike. Keep your body as straight as possible. 

For the iM, pull your elbows back a bit further. You want to be retracted completely as you perform these.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Everett Carroll... I'll work on those and get back with another formcheck. 

Petra Kmecová

Hello again,

How is this looking? It's my today's last set of 5x10r... Anyways, very unfocused and interrupted workout.... :-) 

Thanks. 

Everett Carroll

Awesome work, Petra! Your body position is excellent. The last thing to fix is your feet: keep your heels down at all times. Really try not to let them lift or slide at all. 

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Everett Carroll. I'll work on that.

No matter what surface I work that exercise on, I always feel like I'm going to slip when I'm barefoot (my preffered way). 

It's better with shoes on, but I'm not used to train in shoes.