This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getting started

Started by Dylan Van Houten 258910, January 2, 2018 · 3 Replies · 128 Views

Dylan Van Houten 258910

Good day all

I am going on the start of my second week on the GST program. Doing foundation one as well as stretch series.

I am following the recommended split/schedule.

I have a few questions regarding getting started, forgive me if these are posted elsewhere on the forums.

What are the equipment requirements for both foundation and stretch modules, also are there some that are nice to have?

Secondly, should I perform a warm-up of some sort prior to the foundation and stretch work os is that integrated into the follow along?

Thanks in advance. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Dyan at the beginning you need only a couple of rings, a floor ,a stall bar some dumbell and a floor!

For now, you can jump the rope per 5-10 minutes. then when you advanced into PE 2-3-etc you can warm up with the previous mastered elements!

Craig Copeland

Dylan:

welcome (I'm just an old athlete, not a GB coach)!  If you are doing all 3 stretch series, you might need yoga blocks.  If you don't have access to stall bars, you can try various substitutes -- a well-secured barbell, the bar of a Smith machine, your rings, the rungs of a playground ladder, etc.

A piece of advice I wish I'd taken when I started GB in 2014:  read the forum, search the forum, scour the forum -- the info you need is here somewhere, and if it's not, one of the on-line coaches will definitely answer any question you post (Alessandro Mainente is just one of the many helpful coaches here at the site).

Craig

Dylan Van Houten 258910

Thank you both very much for the info. I appreciate the advice.