This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Twisting Arch Up with a knee issue

Started by Chris Toynbee, January 2, 2018 · 2 Replies · 76 Views

Chris Toynbee

Hi,

I've got a knee issue which looks like pre-patella bursitis. I should say the injury is unrelated to gymnastic bodies.

I"m just trying to decide if I should do my twisting arch ups. 

I feel like you tense your whole leg and perhaps it would better not do anything that involves the leg.

What do people think and is there a temporary exercise I could replace it with for a few weeks?

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Chris,

Consult a medical professional and avoid any exercises that irritate it or give you doubts until you have their opinion. 

Chris Toynbee

It's certainly not aggravating while I do it. 

I was just a little unsure how it felt over the next 12 hours.

Will book a physiotherapist but seems like keeping my legs lower takes the pressure off a bit so could be a compromise while I'm healing.

Thanks Everett.