This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Schedule Modification

Started by Michael Hill, January 2, 2018 · 9 Replies · 217 Views

Michael Hill

I have a question about scheduling.

I want to start by following along to the suggested scheduling as close as possible, but I notice that two of the days 2 workouts per day (lower body/front split & handstand/thoratic).

What is the best way to modify if I only have time for 1 workout per day? I have time/schedule for working out everyday but only for ~ 1 hour.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Michael,

What your training schedule looks like right now?

Michael Hill

Currently working through the Foundation course and simply thinking ahead to starting in a couple weeks.

Previously, body weight workouts ( pull-ups/dips etc) ~3-4 times per week w/some kettlebells 

I’ve had issues ever since surgeries a few years ago, likely due to mobility and strength imbalances, too much sitting and ignoring my flexibility.

I am looking to rebuild from the ground up and am ok taking things as slow as needed.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

To edit your particular workout schedule.

While at the home page and after logging on. Just above the "Dashboard" and toward the right side of the screen. Click on the phrase "Set my schedule." After clicking on "Set my schedule" make the changes you need and click on save.

Étienne Lajeunesse

Good to know! But what's your weekly schedule? To know how you manage your training.

Michael Hill

Etienne,

I guess I am confused as to your question. 

My training schedule has been sporadic up to this point, typically either Sat, Sun, Tues & Thurs or everyother day alternating upper and lower body.

The crux of my question is when I get past Fundamentals, should I start by spacing out the suggested workouts into an 8 day cycle or cut out movement and/or handstand for example and just end up with core, upper, lower and the stretch session 1x/week?

Thank you for walking through this with me.

 

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 hour ago, Michael Hill said:

The crux of my question is when I get past Fundamentals, should I start by spacing out the suggested workouts into an 8 day cycle or cut out movement and/or handstand for example and just end up with core, upper, lower and the stretch session 1x/week?

Hey Michael,

I think it goes with what you're trying to achieve.  Some people don't follow the tumbling course for example.  I think it's good to keep handstand however since it is a strength exercise by itself that becomes a great technical movement and it helps to improve in other areas too. 

Maybe you can try to mix one foundation course with this one.  Eg. Core/Lower body and Upper body/handstand.  Try to find a mix that will not let you pass an hour.

In this way, you'll have 2-3 days of strength training, 3 days of stretching and if you want to add it, a day of tumbling.  

Does it answer your question?

Michael Hill

That is helpful - thank you especially about keeping the handstand work in the program.

I may be over estimating the time it takes for some of the training segments.

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 minute ago, Michael Hill said:

That is helpful - thank you especially about keeping the handstand work in the program.

I may be over estimating the time it takes for some of the training segments.

You'll adjust yourself with time.  Some combinations will work, some won't.  And as you progress, some elements will be harder than others, making your trainings a bit longer or shorter.  That's GB big fun adventure!

I'm glad I could help you here.

Keep me in touch :)

 

Everett Carroll
18 hours ago, Michael Hill said:

What is the best way to modify if I only have time for 1 workout per day? I have time/schedule for working out everyday but only for ~ 1 hour.

Since the Lower Body workouts are very short (5-10 minutes) you will be able to complete Tuesday's session. From there, move Thoracic Bridge to Sunday and you're all set.