This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Slide press

Started by Amanda Chavez, January 1, 2018 · 2 Replies · 89 Views

Amanda Chavez

Good day all,

I am looking for some help with the slide press. I get "stuck" in the middle, when I transition from front to back. Any progressions I can work. I was thinking maybe just work front to middle, then middle to back, then stick it all together? Thoughts or help appreciated. I do not have access to boxes or mats, I have one spot using my couch and coffee table to execute. I was thinking that a "higher" surface would make the movement easier is that true?

Thanks, Amanda

Everett Carroll

Hey Amanda,

Thanks for posting. Can you please send in a form check video? In most cases, simply elevating your hands a bit will help you complete that portion of the drill. A video will help us know for sure.

Kai Ewert

Yes, the higher the surface the easier the movement. Try some books or yoga blocks or the like maybe? The middle is the crucial spot and you will not get better there by splitting the movement or at least not as quickly.