This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE1 (hand) Wall Walks Pressure

Started by Jeffrey Eganhouse, December 29, 2017 · 4 Replies · 163 Views

Jeffrey Eganhouse

Hey Everyone! 

I'm Jeff and I'm just starting my GB journey. I just subscribed a couple days ago and have been following the default weekly schedule of workouts. This is probably a minor question, but today I was looking at the wall walks under Handstand Workout and I'm trying to get a feel for how much pressure to apply with my body or shoulders against the wall while doing the movements with my wrists/hands? I can't quite gauge from the video whether I should be leaning/pushing as hard as I can or just have a general body weight lean toward the wall. I'm excited to start this journey, thanks in advance!

-Jeff

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jeffrey I do not understand what you are referring to.

Also, can I ask you to post directly in the private section of the forum (which is dedicated to your question)?

Jeffrey Eganhouse

Ah, sorry about that. I didn't know there was a different section. I will try to post something more detailed there.

Thanks,

Jeff

Edit: Found a post in that area that matched what I was looking for. Thanks for helping me realize I was searching in the wrong area to begin with!

Alessandro Mainente

I think you are confusing the wall runs with the wall walks:

-wall runs: from an handstand position you tend to lean with the hips while holding the weight on one arm, this means that the shoulder remain stacked over the hand;

-wall walks: you begin from a handstand on the wall and you walk down with the hands and with the feet until you reach the front support position, then you move back into the wall handstand.