This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much starch needed to qualify as a portion?

Started by Lucy Criddle, December 28, 2017 · 1 Replies · 78 Views

Lucy Criddle

Hello all,

I've been slowly progressing along this course and tweaking my meals to accommodate the tasks. In the spirit of Thrive, I've not focused on massive change but sneaking in the good habits, so it's not been a big deal ... so far! 

However, is there a minimum amount that qualifies as a starch? Usually for dinner I have batch veggie soups (home made bone broth based) accompanied with a meat protein (chicken, pulled pork, lean beef or turkey patty etc). The plan is to add the starch to the soups: pumpkin, winter squash, sweet potato etc. BUT how much, within the batch? I'm assuming one sweet potato for a week of soups is probably not enough, but also don't want to just keep adding more calories too! I've not seen any weight loss yet as I've been adding only ... :-(

Jennifer Marie

Following. I'm curious about portions too.

Perhaps the right portions will be a future lesson?