This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sural Nerve Pain?

Started by Claire Rhodes, December 23, 2017 · 3 Replies · 77 Views

Claire Rhodes

A sharp burning pain on the lateral side of my right ankle has been consistently showing up any time I'm doing the middle splits stretch series (only in the pancake progressions), I'm feeling like it's hampering my ability to progress this series. Any ideas?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Claire,

Most likely you are pushing too hard. I recommend backing off for one or two sessions then easing back in at a lower intensity. Do you only experience this pain as you stretch, or does it continue after you finish the session or on days that you do not do the middle split series?

Claire Rhodes

Thanks for the reply Jeffrey. Previously it was just while stretching, now more frequently while at rest too.  I'll ease off pancake stretches for a while and try some sural nerve glides.

 

Luke Searra

Let us know how it goes Claire