This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Extremely tight adductor so

Started by Andrew Barge, December 22, 2017 · 3 Replies · 161 Views

Andrew Barge

Hello All! 

I seem to have very tight inner thigh muscles on the adductors.... Whenever I do middle split stretches I feel a very tight pain on both legs. I have most problems when I try forward bends whilst being split on the floor.is there anything I can do to help this as it seems to be restricting my movement and it's not getting and better.

 

thanks

Andy

Alessandro Mainente

HI Andrew, the gracilis it is the problem, it needs time especially if you have also tight hamstring.

Andrew Barge

Thanks Alessandro,

when I do seated good mornings, should I "push against the stretch" and go wider but not as low, or should I have my legs closer together but have full range?

Alessandro Mainente

In your case exploring many angles, it is much better than focusing on one single angle. I would say 90ç straddle, 120° and after maximum straddle.