This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

High planche roll form check

Started by Christian Nogueira, December 20, 2017 · 5 Replies · 86 Views

Christian Nogueira

Any comments?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work here, if you feel the roll too fast you can adjust the amount of pike of the hips.

Christian Nogueira

Thanks. I suppose more pike makes the roll faster no ? 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes but more weight it is held backward, in this way the center of graity it is moved on the back with less possibility to fall on the lower back.

Christian Nogueira

Gonna enjoy these progressions for a while, but at the end of today's Movement session I played a bit with the full move.

Obviously I don't wanna get ahead of myself here, this was just play, but the sliding planche roll progressions are very good to figure the whole movement. Before them I was really stumped how you could do this roll without bending the arms.

 

Étienne Lajeunesse

So cool! Nice press and roll Christian :)