This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS1 Progress Out of Sync

Started by Nigel Pengelly, December 18, 2017 · 1 Replies · 137 Views

Nigel Pengelly

Hi There, 

I have been doing HS1 for about 9 months and am at HSPE7 - so I have just started the 30 sec wall handstand (I 'm very excited to be going upside down!). Anyway, my questions relates to the mobility aspect on this progression: the Prone Overgrip with Weighted Bar. I found this really hurt my shoulder. 

The PE6 and PE5 where the dislocates are done standing are okay (I had posted a form check a few week back).  Should I just keep doing them standing until i can narrow my grip sufficiently to manage them prone? 

Does it matter if the handstand part progresses faster than the mobility (I found the initial 5 x 6 second handstands comparatively easy)?

Thanks, Nigel

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Nigel,

First off, always be sure to begin a new iM with an unweighted dowel and widen your grip until you’re comfortable. Do you still experience pain in your shoulder?

Feel free to use the smiley interface to progress on the PE. Just make sure that you stick to the progression until the mobility element is mastered :) 

Feel free to shoot a video for further guidance