Hello
about 7 months ago I Injured my left shoulder and 5 months ago my right shoulder. Now I have recovered enough so that I can slowly start with HS and thoracic bridge training.
I did not have any accident with my shoulders they just started getting painful slowly, I suspect that I simply overworked my shoulders beyond what they were prepared for. I have been working with a Physiotherapist and she believes that I had some impingement in the shoulders and inflammation in my long head biceps on both arms.
I started visiting the PT 7 months ago for my left shoulder, she had me stop all HS, thoracic bridge and push ups training. from then on and until now all my upper body training has been limited to ring rows, elbow plank and rehab for my shoulders. The strangest thing is that 2 months in to the rehab i injured my right shoulder, i just woke up one day and I had the exact same symptoms in my right as my left one, despite not having done anything special and also doing minimal upper body training. My PT also thought that this was very odd and she could not explain why it had happened but she told me that she has herd of such things happening to some of her colleagues patients.
It was never a very serious injury. The only things that caused any pain was shoulder flexion, extension and straight arm work. The pain was nether very serious, 4-5 out of a scale of 10 at its worst moments, the pain also went away as soon as I stopped doing these exercises. My PT also said that she would consider me completely healthy if I would just do things like "normal" adults and not insist on wanting to do GST and handstands. She said that she did not really understand GST training but she would work with me and I am much grateful for it.
I received a lot of rehab exercises, discovered some imbalances and worked on fixing those. I am now pain free and have gotten permission to slowly add exercises and work my way back. I will keep doing the rehab exercises one a week as prehab.
Now I have a few questions on how to continue with my HS training. When i injured myself I had just about mastered HS PE3, but I do not think I can start with that right away. I had previously mastered HS PE1im and PE2im but I believe that my flexibility and strength has suffered a bit during my absence form training it.
Is it okay if I start with HS PE1 and 2 ims at the same time instead of only im1?
I suspect that I need to work my way back on the ims through a lower weight as a start, what would be a good weight progression do you think? and how long would it be prudent to stay with the same weight considering my previous injury? I tried 1kg and 2kg today, both felt alright.
Here is how my ims look today, any feedback? PS: the videos show me doing it first with no weight then with 2kg, so wait until the end in order to see them with weight too.
im1https://youtu.be/Zwf0SKpeE3I
im2 https://youtu.be/cLrQXfbv64o
im2 a bit higher camera angle https://youtu.be/XtMXNhUeQDI
Thanks a lot for any feedback you can give me
Johan