This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about cartwheel progression

Started by Christian Nogueira, December 16, 2017 · 4 Replies · 92 Views

Christian Nogueira

Hello, 

Is it ok to try to learn both sides of the cartwheel at the same time or would you recommend against it?

Alessandro Mainente

I think that learn a skill on both sides it is a wonderful idea for the brain. and I still prefer learning it at the same time.

Christian Nogueira

So here is my first attempt at this. Surprisingly my left side is my stronger side even though I am right handed.

left side: 

 

 

Right side: 

 

I know legs are bit bent in the right side and on both I am not going in a straight line in terms of the points of contact. I think the good approach here is to try to do this as slowly as possible then add speed later on, right?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Christian,

Nice work so far. On your left side reach further out in front of you as you place your hands on the ground. As you stand up, squeeze your stomach to avoid arching your back.

Christian Nogueira

Thanks Jeffrey, it's definitely a point to take in, as I have sometimes the tendency to almost fall backward exiting the cartwheel.