Lifting + FSP

Started by Ronan Taaffe, December 15, 2017 · 2 Replies · 2,576 Views

Ronan Taaffe

Hey.  I am currently training a lot of BJJ/Wrestling  and only do lifting 2x a week.  I have the foundation series etc but right now i am focusing on some weightlifting and other movements.  I do however enjoy training the Front lever and Back lever alone in their progression states and was wondering should i put them first in my routine every time?  E.g  If i was doing squats and bench or Deadlift/Rowing movements..would doing some FL/BL before those be detrimental to those lifts or would those lifts be more detrimental to the FL/BL if the FSP is done after. Thanks :)

Alessandro Mainente

I think that basically, you need to understand priority. For example, due to the lats activation, i would not do deadlift before front lever if front lever it is my goal. Another example I would not do planche of back lever with high intensity after bench-pressing because your rotator cuff are anterior deltoids are already tired out. So as you can see, understand your priority first.

Ronan Taaffe

Mhm.  Well it seems doing them before those lifts would be the best option. How much negative effect it will have on them i will just have to see.