This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rope climb PE 2

Started by Michael Batuk, December 15, 2017 · 5 Replies · 195 Views

Michael Batuk

Hi 

I'm struggling with RC PE2 been stuck on this particular exercise for a couple of months.Im only training F1 and F2 (Sls and sl) once a week to stay consistent along with stretch series.

Should I include extra sets for RC PE 2 or include some accessory work ?

here is my form 

Thank you

Leo Trinidad

Hi Michael,

From the video angle and with the shirt on its kinda hard to tell. From my perspective just dont bounce on the bottom of each rep and make everything more controlled. I hope this helps.

Jennifer Marie

Agreed with the bounce, it's deceiving. I can bounce out of a lot more rows than I really should be able to complete.

Have you tried slowing down the reps? It's not a requirement for mastery, but it does help focus on the muscles required for the movement.

 

Michael Batuk

Cheers guys

i can do them slower with more control it's for mastery you need the faster pace.

As for the bounce.

Should I straighten my arms to dead hang?And should I keep my scapula retracted at all time or allow small protraction at bottom.

thank you for your input

Everett Carroll

Hey Michael, 

Awesome questions. You want straight elbows at the bottom of each rep. Definitely protract a bit as well upon full arm extension. 

Michael Batuk

Thank you Everett.That explains a lot.