So Somehow...

Started by Seiji, March 28, 2010 · 15 Replies · 2,497 Views

Seiji

I pulled some 2s straddle flags out of my ass. I haven't even trained this since the beginning (remember how I said I would when I started planche?). Even weirder is that I haven't really done anything because of my shoulder problem in the last week. I was just messing with friends and this happens.

I thought it was really darn cool. I'm not going to be doing ANYTHING over spring break... the whole time is going to be passive rest. Time to relearn the art of being a couch potato. It's hard stuff!

straddleflag.png

Sternford

That link didn't work for me, but with some url manipulation I was able to get to your profile and see that it's your main picture. Looks good.

MCem222

Yea, I also had to do a little url manipulation

Nice flag! I like how you're doing it on a tree

Seiji

I posted a massive story but my internet died and it didn't go through *cry*

No way I'm retyping that, sorry.

Yes, my new house has two small trees which are perfect for flags. I moved in three days ago.

Charles Weill

Good stuff, bro! I'm looking forward to the day I too can pull a straddle human flag out of my ass. :D

Seiji

I really wonder how this is possible. Like I said, I didn't do any specific training. I don't work my core in the gym (well, i do back so I can help my planche).

When I first tried it was because my obliques failed. There's this circus position which is like a flag, except you hold onto the bar with your armpit and use the lower arm as support to hold yourself up. That might help anyone to learn how to do this... it should work on the same principles.

Wangtang6911

Sometimes you just need some rest. I notice if I take a few days off after an intense week, I come back stronger sometimes!

Gregor

Planches and other exercises are more complex then most people think. So if you are not doing specificly the core exercises that doesn't mean you don't load your core...

Seiji

That confused me Gregor. lol

irongymnast

Straddle flag is harder or easier than the regular one?

Sternford

Pretty sure it's easier for similar reasons that a straddle planche is easier than regular

jl5555

Question: How is your one-arm handstand skill?

irongymnast
Sternford said:
Pretty sure it's easier for similar reasons that a straddle planche is easier than regular

But L-sit straddle is harder than regular L-sit. :/

Gregor
irongymnast said:
Sternford said:
Pretty sure it's easier for similar reasons that a straddle planche is easier than regular

But L-sit straddle is harder than regular L-sit. :/

With straddle planche you are decreasing leverage, with straddle L-seat not so much.

Richard Duelley
Gregor said:
irongymnast said:
Sternford said:
Pretty sure it's easier for similar reasons that a straddle planche is easier than regular

But L-sit straddle is harder than regular L-sit. :/

With straddle planche you are decreasing leverage, with straddle L-seat not so much.

And in order to straddle an L-sit you have to press your hips far enough forward to clear your hands. Basically a straddled L-sit is a middle split hold from the manna progressions. Now a Straddle-L is completely different :wink:

Seiji

I have a hard enough time balancing on two hands :D